Friday, March 30, 2012
Breaking the Chain!
Wes quit one of his biggest habits/addictions, over two weeks ago. He just up and decided he wasn't going to be forced to function with coffee as his gas. He stopped cold turkey, had a major migraine for two days but suffered through it, and decided after that pain to stop caffeine completely! Even with a 24 hour shift, he survived. Our quit date for cigarette's is still April 1st, and we choose not to let cig's tell us what to do anymore. No more spending money when we could use it for something fun instead. No more leaving the house when we don't want to just because we are out. No more rushing to work just so we have time to buy a pack. No more yucky dizzy feeling, no more yucky tasting mouth in the morning...no more stinky skin and clothes. He has an inner strength that I don't have, a determined spirit. He makes a decision and does it, no matter what. That's what I love about him. I hope I can do this with him, find that strength, and lose the chains that bind me. We really, truly, want to be done with smoking. Please pray for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment