We finally talked to transportation, and tomorrow the moving company comes to take a look at all the junk they get to pack up for us. Monday, first thing, the company will be here to gather it all. My only problem is that I have to make sure we have what we need to live on in the vehicles by then.
Saturday is going to be all about family. We are going up one last time to my Aunt's cabin at the lake and hanging out doing nothing. They built a new dock on the lake, so the boys will have a chance to try it out, since they always go to the water and only come out to eat! lol. The rest of us will get to sit around and just RELAX.
Good thing to, because the very next day is packing day for the vehicles. I am going to gather ALL of the bedding and take it to the laundry mat, doing it all at one shot. That way Monday morning it will be clean and ready to be boxed for a couple of months. I don't want to open stinky boxes when we move in. All the clothes they are wearing will be washed and packed by the movers. Once everything is gone, they can start living out of their suit cases. (Adults too)
In the process of packing and moving, there is work being done on the apartment, which includes a new carpet, paint job, refinishing the cupboards in the kitchen, new doors and full frames for each room, etc, etc, etc...
We have to make this move while working around the construction, which can get frustrating at times. I understand the 'why' of it, but actually LIVING it is another story. If I was not moving, I would LOVE to put the time into helping with the apartment. That kind of work has ALWAYS been fun to me! I love how old turns into new with a little hard work. I just have too much on my plate to deal with already without adding the confusion and disarray of construction too.
Time lines are off, schedules keep changing, and there are things the military wants you to do "in-that-order" so we have to stay flexible. Staying flexible can be hard with so many needs and wants flying all over. It is SUMMER for crying out loud! And the boys can't just go out and simply PLAY?! ARGH! Pretty soon it will be just us and they are going to be bored after all of this.
I enjoyed the 4th of July, only missing out on the company of Curt and Rachael in Eagle River. Everyone else was there and in good spirits. It was a bit of time out from the days of worry and appointments. The kids joked around, played some football, ATE a bunch of junk, and generally had a good time waiting for the fireworks to start. (the show was about 15mn, then everyone scrambled to their cars and pushed out of the crowded parking lot.) The ride home was quiet, which gave Wes and I some time to reconnect, which was nice.
I hope the time out on Saturday will relax me, but right now I just feel "I have ONE day to pack before the movers come!". I need to chill...really...but WHEN?

No comments:
Post a Comment