I wanted to get the boys checked out by a dentist that I know before shipping off to a new state and having to find another. So I took them all in at the same time for the initial exam and "to do" list on their teeth. Joey would not open his mouth for them so far in 4 visits, so he is not really included in the 'to do' list yet.
Luke and Matt have to be reminded and sometimes forced to brush their teeth. Matt will put paste on his finger and rub it on his teeth real quick and count that as brushing. Other times he just rinses his mouth out with mouth wash to get the morning stink gone. Luke just dallies around the house until there is no more time to brush. Josh is fanatical about his. Twice a day, never missed, and very diligent on the brushing. So I bring them in and expect I will be paying majorly for the dental work on the two boys that refuse to take care of their teeth.
Luke= No Cavities
Matt= No Cavities
Josh= Four Cavities, and one of them is nearing the root.
WHAT!!!? Seriously?! Why?
So Josh went in for his first work up, the near root canal, before it actually DOES require a root canal. No flinching, no pain, but he was plenty nervous. In no time at all they had that tooth repaired. The only thing he is mad about right now is that he can not EAT! lol. Not for another 2 hours yet.
This was stressful for me too, since I do not have cavities and have never had to do a cavity fill. I had a cracked tooth removed rather than waste money on repairing it, and I was put to sleep for that. I was in unknown territory and could not help his jitters in any way.
It all came out well, and he is enjoying the fun of a numb cheek, lip and tongue right now. LOL!

No comments:
Post a Comment