My family in Alaska is large, and when we get the relatives from the lower states to join us, we can certainly fill a room! This is my mother and father, my older sister Lynn and her family, my younger sister Shannyn and her family, my brother Curt minus his wife, my cousin Mary and her family, my Aunt Georgia and Aunt Jill, then there is us and our kids. These are the people that make the cold winter months enjoyable in Alaska. Summer is great too! July 2009

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Weightloss

I am struggling here, as are many women my age, after so many children and a not so friendly lifestyle and eating habits. I have my support group, I watch what I eat down to the tee, going as far as using 'loseit.com' to keep track and tell the 'truth'. I eat every three hours, and by the end of the day I have put no more than 1200 calories into my system. Most of what I eat is low sugar, high protein, and I drink the amount of water doctors suggest.
I go to the pool with my boys on Saturdays, and use the lap lane thank you very much. I go to the community center and walk the treadmill twice a week. I do the Wii in the morning before eating 3 times a week. I keep busy by not sitting at work, and even doing some dancing and moving while there.

I have lost ONE POUND in a week. That's it. Not really happy about it right now. Now I know why some people give up. I am not ready to do that, but I can certainly understand why now...

3 comments:

  1. It is a lot more difficult to lose weight at our age, but worth the struggle in the long run. We will have better health and live longer to watch our grand kids grow. And maybe even keep up with them a little hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up Jenny! You are doing awesome and your motivation sounds to be in the right place! I tried to find you on Loseit.com but I wasn't successful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was pretty steady with the Loseit sight for a while, but with all the other sites, I kinda let it go. Now I just watch the "eat every three hours" rule, and make sure it has 15 grams of protein. ugh. a lot to remember. And Steph, you are looking GREAT!

    ReplyDelete