My family in Alaska is large, and when we get the relatives from the lower states to join us, we can certainly fill a room! This is my mother and father, my older sister Lynn and her family, my younger sister Shannyn and her family, my brother Curt minus his wife, my cousin Mary and her family, my Aunt Georgia and Aunt Jill, then there is us and our kids. These are the people that make the cold winter months enjoyable in Alaska. Summer is great too! July 2009

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Fur Rondy 2010!





I am so excited to say that Joey finally went to his first Fur Rondy celebration before we leave Alaska! The boys have gone before, either with us or their grandfather, but Joey was born here and had never gone. The past few winters were FREEZING, but the weather was tolerable this year so we decked out in all our winter wear and braved the outdoors for some winter fun.

I had to wear my bro in laws snow pants that are even too big for him now because I don't own any of my own. Now I know what Joey feels like when we dress him up. It is hard to walk around in all that stuff! My snow pants and extra large jacket were very warm but I was swimming in them. The ride operators were skeptical looking at me on if I could fit in the rides or not, until I hopped right into them no trouble at all. When the bars came down on our laps, they were just as shocked to see it sink into the many layers of clothes I had on! Hilarious!

Matt, Josh and Luke liked the dare devil stuff. I am not into all that. Glad I still have a kid to enjoy the not so scary rides, whew! Grandpa Middleton met us there and offered a cheese burger to anyone that would ride the Apollo. This thing flips you upside down in the air, and as it goes up, so does another one on the other side. It looks like they are aiming at each other and from the inside, that they will smash into each other. Matt, Josh, Luke and Wes all got on to win their free burger!!! There was a lot of screaming and laughing coming from the members of my family. Joey fished and won a cute turtle, the large prize. The older boys and hubby shot darts at balloons and put all their points together to win me a Harley Bear! (I gave it to Luke at the end of the day because I don't keep stuffed animals and he hit the most balloons.) We went on roller coasters, some twice, and many other rides that made our noses red and drippy. After enjoying cotton candy, candy apples, hot chocolate, funnel cake, hot dogs, hamburgers and soda, we decided that another ride was probably not a good idea. All of us were just starting to get chilly so we decided to call it a day. FOUR HOURS OF OUTDOOR FUN, GAMES AND FOOD! I am glad that all the boys had this experience to remember.




1 comment: