My family in Alaska is large, and when we get the relatives from the lower states to join us, we can certainly fill a room! This is my mother and father, my older sister Lynn and her family, my younger sister Shannyn and her family, my brother Curt minus his wife, my cousin Mary and her family, my Aunt Georgia and Aunt Jill, then there is us and our kids. These are the people that make the cold winter months enjoyable in Alaska. Summer is great too! July 2009

Friday, March 12, 2010

Luke's Science Project


It has been a while since I have been on here, and as you can see by the time stamp, it is finally quiet enough for me to work on a blog.
This weeks was Spring (yeah right) vacation in Alaska, with no spring at all showing until the middle of May like usual. The kids were glad for a break though. Me? Not so much. I had six kids 3 days, 5 kids for one day and my four on Thursday. Busy, busy, busy. I tried to let them be creative in the kitchen, but they wanted no part of it. We got to go swimming several times this week, which was nice. (Lost 2lbs of the 5 I gained back by being lazy!) All in all this week has been nice, not quiet, but nice.

Luke started his Science Project on Friday, an in service from school. All the kids were home and wanted to help. Luke decided that he wanted to do a project on which liquids decay teeth faster. I had the teeth (although I did not give up the first one each kid lost, I had the bag of extra's the tooth fairy gave me. lol)and he had the great idea. He filled 6 clear cups with different liquids and the kids dropped the teeth in at the exact same time into the liquids. We put them WAY up out of reach so that no one accidentally drank them. I am not joking either, just ask Wesley. We had one of the kids teeth in a cup of water on the table for the tooth fairy to take, and Wes DRANK IT many years ago!!! Josh wrote a special letter to the tooth fairy explaining the whole thing and he got his money even though he did not have a tooth to give. Wes on the other hand, still refuses to believe us. No harm I guess.
Luke chose to do this project because his Aunt and Uncle are going through dental problems where teeth are breaking, being removed, or fixed. He was fascinated. We did not get his dental appointment set up in time for him to ask questions from a dentist, but his Aunt Rachael is a hygienist and can answer a few questions for him. Let's hope this project helps Luke realize the importance of proper dental care! I don't know what the results will be, and I am curious to find out tomorrow!

Other than that, it has been me surviving day to day and attempting to keep kids of all ages happy in one tiny house. I loved the lack of boredom from our regular daily routine, but I am glad Monday they all go back to school! Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment