My family in Alaska is large, and when we get the relatives from the lower states to join us, we can certainly fill a room! This is my mother and father, my older sister Lynn and her family, my younger sister Shannyn and her family, my brother Curt minus his wife, my cousin Mary and her family, my Aunt Georgia and Aunt Jill, then there is us and our kids. These are the people that make the cold winter months enjoyable in Alaska. Summer is great too! July 2009

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Prep, it can't all be fun, but mostly!

It was a busy Saturday, getting up early for a (non) web cam visit, then out the door to the laundry mat. I happened to miss my laundry day in the building due to being sick, late day with babysitting, and a much needed date night. So after 15.00 and 45 minutes later the chore was done and we were off to pick up Joey's "school" pictures.

After that we just made it to Carrs, a local grocery store, so that Joey could see the Easter Bunny up close. He was having no part of it until he found out it was a lady inside, and therefore less frightening. Some nasty lady behind me that seemed to have popped out 3 kids in just about 2 years smirked at her mom and said, "I am glad I have such good kids". You know me and holding my tongue. I don't. I marched up to her and said, "He might look six, but he is four. Just FOUR. And you are rude, good kids or not." She got red faced along with her mother but they said nothing to me as Joey and I went over to get our printed picture.

After running home and gathering lunch and supplies, we all jumped into the van and headed up to base for the Easter Egg Hunt. Wouldn't you know that after all that we had nothing to put our eggs in? Poor Joey walked in with a tied up trash bag! The place was loaded with eggs, and of course, loaded with kids. I was thankful that it took only a matter of seconds after the whistle blew for the eggs to disappear. Joey was so overwhelmed in the first few minutes that he threw down the bag and yelled "I QUIT!". I talked him back into it though, and he got quiet a few eggs with cute little toys in them! Luke was out in the yard with Matt and Josh watching over him as he hunted for the eggs out there in his age group. He came away with quite a bit too! They had a lot of fun.

Because of the attitude in the building that I had to contend with before the Easter Egg hunt, I decided that I really was not ready to go home to that. I wanted to be able to enjoy my family, and the weather was great for it. We stopped at a park and I let them play while I destressed from the rushed morning. I found the coolest picture spot for them though! Although it was like 45 to 50 degrees, and the sun was bright, there was a huge snow pile higher than their heads with grass just before it. I though it would be the perfect Alaskan contradiction and took their Easter Picture in that spot!

We went home after that and watched a movie "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" on our pay per view splurge, and made a simple and easy dinner. I am telling you, the day went by so FAST! Wes headed out as soon as he got home with Matt and Josh to help Mark with a sun porch. I locked Joey and Luke in the room so the ladies could sit down and prepare over 300 easter eggs to be put in the yard at o-dark-thirty.

BUSY BUSY BUSY! And it wasn't even EASTER yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment