My family in Alaska is large, and when we get the relatives from the lower states to join us, we can certainly fill a room! This is my mother and father, my older sister Lynn and her family, my younger sister Shannyn and her family, my brother Curt minus his wife, my cousin Mary and her family, my Aunt Georgia and Aunt Jill, then there is us and our kids. These are the people that make the cold winter months enjoyable in Alaska. Summer is great too! July 2009

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Again...Again...Again...and Again.

Some things I just haven't gotten used to yet with my youngest. He repeats things, sure. He also makes strange noises just for the fun of it. That I can handle too. But when he chooses to make a strange noise, then repeat it over and over again I want to scream! It was a dog bark the other day, the exact same noise, while he was playing with his trains. The day before that it was some kind of beep, not sure really, while he was doing his homework. I really don't think he knows he is doing it, or if he does, it's some sort of comfort. Most times, if it is a quiet noise, I let it go, find somewhere else to be until it stops. But other times it can be quite loud and ANNOYING! So, comfort or not, it stops. He needs to know when that is appropriate and when it isn't, and irritating others around you make it UNappropriate. I haven't heard that this is a problem in his class just yet. :)

Our solution at home is to say "Joey, stop repeating" and he does, just like that. Let's hope it stays that simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment