Yesterday was my niece Marissa's 9th Birthday party. She decided she wanted to do it at the skating ring so that is where everyone went. The place was PACKED!! I know I can not skate because of my neck issue which totally ruins the fun for me. I used to be a pretty good ice skater! (No tricks or spins, but I didn't fall much, lol) Matt, Josh and Luke are pretty good at any physical sport and had been skating many times before now, so I did not worry much about them having problems.
Joey was another issue. He is big, tough and pretty darn smart, but that does not make him physically better than any other four year old. He is pretty clumsy, which is why we have had to bring him to the doctors so often for 'accidents'. I was genuinely worried! He had gotten his shots two days before, just got over a fever, and his poor leg and butt cheek were still pretty swollen. I didn't think it was a good idea to let him out there, but how can I say no?
Matt and Josh took one hand each and brought him out on the ice. Yes, he fell, quite a few times actually! But each time I held my breath, he came up smiling and laughing! His first experience with skating was wonderful, and Matt and Josh were great about helping him and missing out on their own fun. They put him on the wall so one brother at a time could go skate as Joe made his way around carefully. They never complained and laughed just as hard as Joey.
Luke sped around the rink like he was going for the Olympic Gold! His face was red, his hair was dripping, and his Dad made him sit out for a few minutes. It was torture for Luke, and he complained the whole time, pouting like a five year old! When it was all done, Luke climbed in bed that night in total exhaustion and a new blister on his ankle. Josh also has a blister, but no complaints. Since Joey got held up most of the time, he came home free of injuries as did his big bro Matt.
Even though the crowds were smothering, and the volume was crazy loud, we ended up having a pretty good time.
Can you believe Luke asked "What next?" when we got in the car? Yeah, right!

No comments:
Post a Comment