
yeah, everyone knows. Being in the military, one would guess a move would happen every 4 years or so. We are lucky in that we had family for six years here, even when Wes was deployed. We were able to have people close to lean on during the hard times. Well, our time here is coming to a close. We can fight it, we can pursue other options to keep us here, we can wait for the Army to place us, but we are letting all that go. We want a say where we go, and we don't want any more waiting and pushing. We decided...it is time for a new adventure, and times will be tough, but the blessings outweigh the difficulties.
We are moving to the lower states sometime in June or July, depending on when they release him to travel with us. We will be driving both vehicles as far as I know, even though I would prefer just the van. I know we will be driving through states where family live, and I hope to pop in for short visits, but please don't get upset if we can't. We have a certain many days to get where we are going, and kids can get us off schedule. Of course we could do the boring thing and fly, but what fun is that? We get where we need to be in time, with plenty of days to spare, but no adventure or even any hope of seeing family or sites on the way. This is not a new trip for either of us, but it will be the first time I have done it without my father guiding the way. Now I have to put my trust in my husband to get us there safely. I don't have any concerns about that! lol.
We will be closer to Nathan and Cameron. Summer visits won't cost us thousands of dollars either. I will get the sunshine I crave and the time to figure ourselves out as a family, non extended. This also means that Wes can re-enlist in 2013 for Alaska allowing us to come back home. If we put up a stink now, we may very well get Alaska again, but there is no choice of that happening again in 2013. So, our new adventure will be now, and home will be later.
Of course I am a bit frightened, but I am more excited than anything else. My son's have their fathers wandering heart and my need for roots. This is going to give them what they need along with experience, and we can bring them back to their roots in the end.
I have a strong urge to pack...must...not...give...in!...(not yet anyway!)

No comments:
Post a Comment