My family in Alaska is large, and when we get the relatives from the lower states to join us, we can certainly fill a room! This is my mother and father, my older sister Lynn and her family, my younger sister Shannyn and her family, my brother Curt minus his wife, my cousin Mary and her family, my Aunt Georgia and Aunt Jill, then there is us and our kids. These are the people that make the cold winter months enjoyable in Alaska. Summer is great too! July 2009

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Productive Day


Most of our Sunday entailed sleeping in late, calling Nathan for a short chat, and hanging around the house. Of course the boys did their Sunday chores eventually, but there was no rush. I have a new work schedule tomorrow, getting back on track really, so I am trying to make sure everything is ready for the boys when they get up. I don't want them making noise to wake their brothers, so I want things to be where they belong.

Since I go down stairs really early to watch my sleeping nieces, the parents have set up the Wii for me to work out on. I can actually get a workout in without bumping kids out of the way or pausing it to settle a fight as I do currently. That itself will be a nice change. That means early to bed for me tonight.

I got Wes on the 'de-mousing' project in this house. Although we did not hear anything last night, that does not mean the little suckers are gone. Two mice sighted are two mice too many in my opinion. Give me spiders, snakes, bugs of all sorts and I won't flinch. A mouse? No way. I want them gone! So he spent all day pulling out the fridge, stove, and dishwasher (yes people, it was clean underneath) to fill holes with wire and foam. Now they have no place to hide if the come up the pipes or walls or fireplace (how ever they seem to get in here!) and we can catch them. Have to be careful what we use because of babies, no poison. Wes made us a great steak dinner (rare treat) and we settled down for chit chat and cleaning some odds and ends before bath.

The one thing I have been pushing off for a week now is hair cuts for the boys. If you don't know by now, I am way too cheap to take them to a barber for something I can do at home. I cut it myself the same way every time. If they want a different cut, they can raise the money themselves and I will take them to the barber. They don't complain. I went from the least whiny to the most whiny, in other words, oldest to youngest. The trick to cutting Joey's hair is to have him STAND on the stool in the kitchen. If he fusses too much, he is at risk for falling, which I remind him of often. It has gotten routine where he does not even flinch anymore. The only problem is catching him, carrying him flipping and flopping to the stool. Once stood there, he does not move! lol. The cuts came out as the usually do, and all boys were fresh from the shower (one at a time) when I took this picture...

So, I feel productive today. House clean and neat, kids clean and neat. All done! And it is 9:23pm when posted, not 10:00pm as it states. (weird)

No comments:

Post a Comment