My family in Alaska is large, and when we get the relatives from the lower states to join us, we can certainly fill a room! This is my mother and father, my older sister Lynn and her family, my younger sister Shannyn and her family, my brother Curt minus his wife, my cousin Mary and her family, my Aunt Georgia and Aunt Jill, then there is us and our kids. These are the people that make the cold winter months enjoyable in Alaska. Summer is great too! July 2009

Monday, February 8, 2010

What Happened to My Baby?



Every day I look at my older boys and see how tall they are getting, how their faces are changing, the different smell and the different look of them. My oldest is shaving, complaining about zits, and studying a drivers manual. I remember him climbing into a tiny basket, rocking back and forth making car noises with lunch still on his face. I remember him dancing with Elmo all around my living room and smiling shyly when he caught me video taping him.

This morning he came out in black jeans and a new shirt (men's medium) I just bought him and he looked like a whole different person! I wanted to yell for him to wait, not for the bus or for a hug goodbye, just wait on growing up! No more racing the words of our funny rhyme to see who finishes first. No more playing hide and seek in the smallest spaces possible. Now he talks to me about girls and hangs with his friends.

Only three and a half years before he is considered an adult and may decide to move out on his own without his Dad's and my protection. Only a few more years of school before he decides whether to go to college, join the service (as he always wanted) or make it out there on his own steam and imagination. I won't be there to hold his hand, remind him of better choices, and protect him from people that want to take advantage of him.

I only hope I put enough information out there that he can use it when he needs to, and knows to call his daddy and I for the questions he can't answer on his own.

Where did the time go?

No comments:

Post a Comment